Some information is visible or hidden by default:
- Your home address is visible
- Preferred Geneseo class year is visible
- Your phone number is hidden
- Professional position, company name and address are visible
- Your professional phone number and fax number are hidden
- Email, both home and professional are masked
What is a masked email?Community members can email you blindly; they will not see your actual address unless you respond to them. This also keeps user's emails off marketing lists. You can elect to hide your email, once hidden, community members will not be able to contact you at all.
Hiding/Unhiding tips and tools:
- If you are unsure of what your profile looks like to other community members, use the view your profile as others see it, tool.
- It is important that you hide or unhide information rather than delete important record details, if you hide something no one else but you and the U-Knight administrators can see it.
- If you change any of your settings you must scroll down to the bottom of the hide or unhide information page and click the update preferences button for any changes to take effect.
- You always have the option to hide your entire profile by checking hide my profile from public view under online directory consent.
The Geneseo Alumni Team